Monday, July 16, 2012

Garlic Salad Dressing


Shaun working in the outdoor kitchen

I have tried to get in the habit of making my own salad dressing, but have never quite stuck with it. Andrea, the farmer at Kings Valley Gardens where we are WWOOFing makes a delicious garlic salad dressing. I posted previously about the beautiful floral salad that we made as well as the delicious and nutritious kale salad we had. Both of these salads featured this dressing. One might be surprised by the 20 cloves of garlic (I know I was) But I think the garlic mellows as it marinates in the oil and vinegar. Even after we had just made it no one found the garlic overwhelming. This makes enough for about 3 cups - or one large mason jar (if you are on a farm) :)


The crew at Kings Valley Gardens enjoying a lovely meal
Mix the following in a jar and shake well before using
  • 20 cloves of minced or finely chopped garlic1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup tamari
Side note: You may notice that there doesn't seem to be any salad or salad dressing in the photos I chose? That's true, both of these shots are from our last meal at Kings Valley which ended up being a Fourth of July pancake breakfast. Shaun made pancakes for everyone and we topped them with blueberries, strawberries, and shredded coconut. I thought they were much cuter that a shot of a jar of salad dressing. I am sure you can all imagine what a jar of salad dressing looks like and aren't these better?

No comments:

Post a Comment